Eden Leisure Group is seeking to recruit an IT Administrator who will be primarily responsible for end-user technical support in a Microsoft-centric environment and who will be contributing in the ongoing technical developments being led by the IT Department.
- Installation, Administration, Monitoring and Troubleshooting of Servers, Desktops and Networks
- Provide technical support to the company's network users
- Guide the end user through a series of actions to help resolve issues
- Update and Maintain the company's hardware and software inventory
- Update and Maintain System documentation and IT Procedures
- Administration of system user accounts
- Prioritizing and executing open support cases
- Assist the IT Manager in the various projects assigned to the IT Department from time to time
- Provide IT Training to end users
- Provide onsite or remote support when on standby during weekends and public holidays
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Diploma in IT
- Minimum 3 years experience in an IT Support environment
- Excellent command on Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office Suite
- MCSA, CCNA qualifications
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and Energetic style
- Ability to work and contribute in a highly dynamic team
- Carrying out minor and major repair of buildings and equipment;
- Performing preventive maintenance procedures on building and equipment;
- Performing electrical and plumbing maintenance;
- Repairing plaster and drywall;
- Painting internal and external;
- May install cables and other equipment.
The ideal candidate must be well-organised with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail are valued greatly in this job.
MARKETING & OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
- Maintain and manage content on Eden Cinemas website, mobile app and social media pages;
- Content writing for print materials, newsletters, posters, direct mail and internet promotions for print and digital media;
- Update and develop all digital media including plasmas and LEDs;
- Create and send regular newsletters;
- Produce tracking reports using Google analytics;
- Research and target specific groups, advertising particular events/movies being held at the cinema;
- Create and update weekly film schedules and other in house posters;
- Assist in the coordination of events and activities;
- Source sponsors for events and activities;
- Create and send out business proposals to increase revenue;
- Provide Box Office/Reception cover when necessary;
- Handle day to day administration duties;
- Handle telephone calls;
- Answer basic customer queries.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent command of English (Good command of Maltese is considered a plus);
- Outstanding communication skills, including good telephone manner;
- Knowledge of online marketing strategies;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications including PowerPoint and knowledgeable in the use of Adobe Photoshop;
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment;
- Experience working in marketing.
- Guiding patrons to the cinema and showing them to their seats;
- Keeping cinemas and foyers clean;
- Checking any faults regarding movie sound and picture;
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times;
- Maintaining a pleasant environment to watch the film.
The chosen candidates will need to be motivated and be able to communicate fluently in English.